Saturday, January 23, 2016

I Once Spent a Month in a Place



I once spent a month in a place that made me rate my feelings of hopelessness and helplessness (and worthlessness) every morning. I had to rate them on a scale of 1 to 3 (3 being the most severe). I also had to rate my sadness and guilt and feelings of disconnectedness. It was a strange way to begin the day but I dutifully filled out the log and handed it in every morning. I hovered around a 2 on most days and remembered thinking the scale needed more numbers and gradations. After we finished scoring our feelings of helplessness and hopelessness (and worthlessness) we went to breakfast. Negative introspection will do wonders for your appetite and eating will do wonders for your negative introspection. There are no strangers in a place like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment