Friday, January 22, 2016

I've Never Met my Best Friend in the Flesh



I’ve never met my best friend in the flesh, so to speak. We met on an online writing site and hit it off. We talk on the phone almost every day. We’ve been through a lot over the ten year span of our friendship and she calmly accepts my limitations. But, like I said, I have never actually seen her in The Real World (whatever that is). No regrets, that’s the way we like it.
     I was in the produce section of the grocery store yesterday and noticed a little girl sitting in her mother’s shopping cart singing Pleasant Valley Sunday. It’s fascinating how The Monkees have stood the test of generations. I left the vegetable racks smiling to myself.
     When I got home I called my friend and told her about it. I knew she’d appreciate it. She digs The Monkees too.

No comments:

Post a Comment